FORTUNA, CA. – The Fortuna Volunteer Fire Department is close to wrapping up investigation following a home catching on fire this weekend.
The fire, which broke out early Saturday morning on N and 12th streets, caused no human injuries, but some pets were killed including a dog.
Investigators narrowed down the origin of the fire to the living room, and believe the fire was caused either by issues with an electrical power cord, or a heat lamp on a reptile aquarium.
It took several crews about an hour and a half to get the flames under control.
A large-sized family consisting of several generations was residing in the home at the time of the fire, and all of them have been displaced.