FIRE AT EUREKA RESTAURANT; CUSTOMERS EVACUATED
EUREKA -- A fire breaks out at a popular Eureka restaurant.
This video was taken at the scene around 9:30 p.m. on Monday night at 'Pho Thien Long' Vietnamese restaurant.
Humboldt Bay Fire was on scene attacking the fire from all sides. They say it started inside the kitchen and continued to spread through the walls.
A half-dozen customers were evacuated.
Firefighters used chainsaws to open up several walls to be able to get at the flames.
They say the way the building was remodeled caused the fire to spread through confined spaces.
Fire officials say the cause appears to be accidental, and that it's likely the business will be closed for several days.