PG&E POLE UP IN FLAMES, POWER CUT FOR 500 CUSTOMERS
Pine Hill- Power was cut to more than 500 PG&E customers today after a pole caught on fire. It happened around ten Tuesday morning on Eureka Street on Pine Hill. A PG&E representative tells News Channel 3 it was equipment failure that started the fire; an insulator on the pole went out causing electricity to move up the pole and likely causing a chemical holding the base of the pole in place to go up in flames. The crew cut power to the pole’s transformers to stop the flow of electricity, as fire crews blocked off the street.
Firefighters soaked the pole to extinguish any smoldering before breaking out concrete around it to fix the damage. Power was restored to customers in about 15 minutes.