Construction crew hits gas line, forces residents to evacuate
EUREKA- A gas leak at Aster Place forced residents to evacuate and officials to shut down a street in Eureka on Monday. It happened just after 2 p.m. on Myrtle and Moore Ave. Humboldt Bay Fire crews said Danco Construction Company accidentally hit a gas line. According to fire officials Danco workers were searching for a water line and hit the gas line instead, which then forced nearly fifty people to evacuate. Pacific Gas and Electric was called to the scene to help shut off the leak and residents were able to return to their homes within a few hours.
Do you agree with President Obama's new sanctions against Russia over the crisis in Ukraine?