From the Humboldt Bay Fire Department:
At approximately 2237 hours, Humboldt Bay Fire was dispatched to a reported clothes dryer fire inside the residence at 310 Cooper St. in Eureka. Humboldt Bay Fire responded with three engines, one ladder truck, and two Chief Officers.
The first arriving engine reported moderate smoke showing from a single story residential structure. Crews quickly made access to the structure and found a clothes dryer well involved in fire with fire extending into the attic of the structure. Crews quickly knocked down the dryer fire, but spent the next hour and a half overhauling the structure to find hot spots while also ventilating the structure of smoke. Fortunately, the homeowner was able to escape the fire without injury.
During the fire, the Arcata Fire Protection District provided coverage to Humboldt Bay Fire's jurisdiction.
The home suffered fire and extensive smoke damage estimated to be around $25,000.
Humboldt Bay Fire would like to remind residents to clean their dryer lint traps and dryer ducting on a regular basis. Dryer fires are a common cause of home fires that in most cases can be prevented with regular cleaning and maintenance.
Would you support a bill that would expand access to sterile needles in an effort to stop the spread of diseases?