QUICK LINKS: Latest News Cast | Angelo's Pizza Question of the Day | Latest Weather Video | Sponsored by News Channel 3
A McKinleyville home was left unscathed Tuesday thanks to the Arcata Fire District's quick response, knocking down an early morning garage fire.
Just after 3, residents reported heavy smoke and within minutes fire units arrived to the 1200 block of Hiller Road.
There was a fire was burning inside of a three car detached garage near the rear of a residence. Crews controlled the flames in about 45 minutes.
Investigators say a generator being used to provide electricity to the home most likely caused the fire. No one was injured.