BREAKING: Fatal Crash in Southern Humboldt :     - Click for more Info

Early morning house fire, a total loss

Get flash to see this video, or turn javascript back on
EUREKA- Firefighters are calling an early morning house fire a total loss. Humboldt Bay Fire said it happened around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday morning on the 1000 block of Pine St. in Eureka.  
 
When crews arrived fire was coming out of the front windows and on the right side of the home. The interior of the home was heavily damaged including almost all of the furniture and personal belongings.
 
Two occupants were inside but made it out safely. Firefighters believe the fire was started after a pot full of oil was left burning on the stove. One occupant tried to extinguish the fire but quickly escaped the home after the fire got out of control.
 
Officials estimate around $150,000 worth of damage.