FORTUNA- A cigarette is believed to have caused a residential fire in Fortuna. The fire occurred on Wednesday in the 1900 block of Main Street. Officials say the fire began on the home’s back porch and spread up to the roof. Crews from Fortuna Fire and Cal Fire responded.
Fire officials say the residents were in the home at the time and were warned of the fire by neighbors. Everyone was able to get out of the house safely and there were no injuries.
The home experienced extensive roof damage and minor structural damage.
Do you think the North Coast is ready to handle an Ebola case?