Red Cross Evacuation Center for Mad River/Ruth at: Van Duzen Community Center, Van Duzen Road, Mad River:    
Precautionary evacuations for the town of Blocksburg.:    
Mandatory Evacuations for residences in the area of Mad River Rd from Highway 36 to Three Forks Road area and the back side of the lake on Ruth/Zenia Road to the Ruth Dam:     - Click for more Info
State Route 36 is closed at the Trinity County line due to the wildfires. It's unknown when the roadway will re-open:    
For 24-hour Air Quality Information, call the NCUAQMD’s hotline toll-free at 1-866-BURN-DAY (1-866-287-6329), or visit the website at www.ncuaqmd.org.:     - Click for more Info

House fire in Eureka causes $20,000 in damages

Get flash to see this video, or turn javascript back on
From the Humboldt Bay Fire Department: 
 
At 12:30 A.M. Humboldt Bay Fire responded to a residential structure fire at the 2200 Block of A Street in Eureka. Three engines, one ladder truck and two chief officers were dispatched.  The first arriving chief reported moderate smoke throughout the residence. Crews quickly extinguished the fire and removed debris. A search of the building showed that no one was inside.
Seventeen firefighters responded. Fire control in fifteen minutes from time of dispatch.  The fire was confined to the laundry/water heater room, back porch, and kitchen. Time on scene, one hour. Loss estimated at $20,000 for structural damage and contents.
Arcata Fire Department provided one engine to cover the Humboldt Bay Fire jurisdiction
 The cause of the fire after investigation was found to be clothing and other combustibles placed too close to the water heater.  It is surmised that the gas water heater burner ignited resulting in ignition of the surrounding combustibles.
Humboldt Bay Fire would like to remind everyone to have their gas appliances inspected annually and to keep combustibles at least three feet away from heat sources such as water heaters and furnaces.  Additionally, ensure your residence’s smoke detectors are operational, as after you go to sleep this may be the only way you and your family are alerted to a fire inside your home.