Manila barn fire takes life of calf; causes $30k in damages
MANILA- A barn is burnt down as a result of an early Wednesday morning blaze that took the life of a calf and caused thousands of dollars worth of damage. The cause of the fire is the result of a warming lamp next to the calf.
According to Justin McDonald from the Arcata Fire Protection District the fire broke out at 4:30 a.m.. The fire burnt the barn, and caused damage to surrounding barns and vegetation. McDonald said horse supplies and food for the animals was burnt in the fire and caused and estimated $30,000 in damages.
Humboldt Bay Fire assisted Arcata Fire Protection District and Blue Lake Fire Department covered the Arcata station while crews were away.
Are you concerned about blue-green algae in the Trinity River?