For 24-hour Air Quality Information, call the NCUAQMD’s hotline toll-free at 1-866-BURN-DAY (1-866-287-6329).: - Click for more Info
One taken to hospital, two displaced by stove fire
EUREKA- A Eureka man was sent to the hospital after a structure fire Monday afternoon.
Humboldt Bay Fire responded to the 900 block of O Street where an unattended pot of food on the stove caught fire. It was quickly contained but the victim was taken to St. Joseph Hospital because of smoke inhalation. The apartment sustained fire and smoke damage. Two occupants of other apartments were also displaced.
Humboldt Bay Fire says to never leave unattended food on a stove and always have a working smoke alarm.