EUREKA- A structure fire in the 1600 block of B Street has left a home with extensive damage
Humboldt Bay Fire received the report of a residential fire at 1652 B Street around 5 pm Friday. When firefighters arrived at the scene they found heavy smoke coming from the roof. Officials say the fire began in the attic.
“Once we got inside we had a large volume of fire in the attic burning,” said Humboldt Bay Fire Chief Ken Woods. “Occupants had exited the structure so nobody was injured. We proceeded to get up in the attic and extinguish the fire but extensive damage to the attic and the house.”
According to a relative of the property owner, the house was being rented out.
Officials say the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the attic. The total damage is estimated to be $120,000.