Vehicle catches fire in Eureka
EUREKA- A vehicle caught fire in Eureka on Friday morning, and fire officials say the blaze was not the fault of the owner.
Humboldt Bay Fire responded to a report of a loader on fire at about 10:30 a.m. on the 500 block of Showers Road and found the vehicle fully engulfed in flames. Crews extinguished the fire within five minutes of arrival. Officials say the loader had an oil leak, which started a fire when the oil got hot. Fire officials say while the vehicle fire was not the owner’s fault, people should follow these steps to prevent these kinds of fires as much as possible.
"Keep maintenance on your vehicles. Since this was a bigger rig, that's why we called in the second unit but it's important that you keep maintenance on your vehicles so sparks and things like that don't cause these vehicle fires," said Engineer Company Officer Russell Boham with Humboldt Bay Fire.