Do you know a student interested in pursuing a career in transportation? If so, the California Department of Transportation, district 1 in conjunction with the California Transportation Foundation, will be offering two $1,500 scholarships. Eligibility depends on if you’re a high school senior or or second-year college student in Humboldt, Del Norte, Lake or Mendocino County. You must attend a California university or institution and be able to provide your GPA and proof of participation in extracurricular or community-related activities.
The to apply is May 10th
PRESS PROVIDED BY CALTRANS DISTRICT 1:
Your local office of the California Department of Transportation, District 1, in conjunction with the California Transportation Foundation (CTF) and Caltrans Social Fund, is pleased to announce the availability of two $1,500 scholarships. The scholarships are competitive and based upon the applicant’s commitment to a career in transportation, academic record, and participation in extra-curricular or community-related activities.
Financial need will serve as a higher priority when determining the winner of one of the scholarships.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a high school senior or first or second-year college student from or residing in Humboldt, Del Norte, Lake or Mendocino County.
- Must plan to pursue a career in transportation.
- Must attend or be accepted to a California University or institution.
- Must provide an official transcript to verify Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Must provide a description of participation in extra-curricular and/or community-related activities
- Letters of recommendation will be considered.
Applications must be postmarked by Friday, May 10, 2019.