Structure Fire Breaks out in Clarion Hotel Room

EUREKA, CA (KIEM) – A structure fire breaks out in a room at the Clarion Hotel.

It happened just before 3 Wednesday afternoon. Humboldt Bay Fire says, smoke was coming from a room’s AC unit on the first floor. A bystander hit the main body of the fire with an extinguisher. The sprinkler system confined the blaze to that one room. Fortunately, the hotel room was unoccupied. But someone is currently renting it, and their electronics are soaked from the sprinkler.

Humboldt Bay Fire tells us. That the fire caused around $15,000 in damages.