Firefighters Respond to Overnight Chimney Fire

King Salmon, Ca. (KIEM) – Early Thursday morning, firefighters respond to reports of a structure on Sole Street.

When crews arrived on scene, they found smoke coming out of the home. Firefighters quickly got to work and extinguished the fire. Firefighters believe the fire started from a chimney. Fortunately, no one was injured.

Humboldt Bay Fire wants to remind the public that when using your chimney, to make sure its cleaned up and well maintained.