MCKINLEYVILLE, CA (KIEM)-An early morning fire destroys an RV travel trailer in McKinleyville. It happened just before 4 Tuesday on the 2300 block of Central Avenue.
Firefighters from the Arcata Fire District arrived within minutes to the scene. The trailer was already engulfed in flames and spreading to a neighboring trailer and vehicle.
Crews were able to put out the blaze and save two other travel trailers and parked vehicles. The fire district said burning propane tanks made it difficult to fight the fire.
Damage to the travel trailer is estimated at $25,000. No injuries were reported and the cause was likely due to an indoor heating device.