PG&E is strongly urging all customers to conserve energy through Wednesday and have the following tips to help reduce your energy use.
PG&E Tips to Save Energy and Reduce Usage
• Raise the thermostat temperatures to 78 degrees when you are at home.
• Use a ceiling fan to cool the room about 4 degrees.
• Turn off fans and lights when you leave the room.
• Cover windows so that the air conditioner does not have to work as hard to cool the room.
• Limit the use of the oven.
• Clean your clothes and dishes early in the day or late at night after ten p.m.
PG&E Tips to Stay Safe and Cool
• PG&E recommends that residents plan ahead by checking the weather forecast.
• Keeping an emergency list of phone numbers.
• Checking in on the well-being of others.
• Staying hydrated and abstaining from drinking alcoholic or caffeinated beverages.
• Wearing light and loose fitting clothing.
• Stay out of direct sunlight.