Dial 211 to get social service assistance in Humboldt County

EUREKA, Calif.(KIEM)- It’s a service in Humboldt County for nearly 50 years, but officials say many residents still don’t know about it.

It’s called ‘2-1-1’. You can dial that number on your phone to get assistance with access to various social services.

If you ever have any questions regarding local services in Humboldt County, you should consider calling 2-1-1.

The non-emergency dialing code provides a large scale of social services to residents they might need.

“Food, housing, financial assistance, utility assistance, all kinds of things like that. Local resources, libraries, where’s the food bank is open today. What food bank is open next week? I need a shower. I need laundry vouchers, all kinds of things,” said Meridith Daniel, 211 Humboldt County Care Coordinator.

The free hotline runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Callers can get help in areas from Cal fresh to utilities and even health access.

Most calls made are about questions regarding how to find housing.

You can reach them by simply dialing 211or visiting their website at 211humboldt.org.

-Paid Advertisement-