CDC Advisory Recommends Vaccines For Summer Travelers

Humboldt County, Ca. (KIEM) — It’s officially summer and for some that means traveling, but before you book your trip, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention want to make sure you get vaccinated.

The CDC issued an advisory recommending all international travelers get the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccines regardless of your destination.

The Department of Health and Human Services offer travel vaccines at their public health clinic. They can also advise you on ways to avoid mosquito bites that could contract Zika or malaria.

According to the immunization coordinator for Humboldt County, Rachel Allen, it’s important to look at where you are traveling and the risks that might come with it.

For more information or to make an appointment, you can call the public health clinic at 707-268-2108 or stop by the clinic located at 529 I Street here in Eureka.