MMJ (Multimedia Journalist)
Are you ready to start your reporting career in the beautiful Lost Coast of California?
Eureka, California, between the mighty Redwood Forest and the Pacific Ocean, is one of the country’s best-kept secrets.
This area is full of stories that will help you grow your storytelling skills and build your resume reel in a learning newsroom.
A typical week could include covering a controversy surrounding a beloved landmark, interviewing workers at Cal Poly Humboldt about a strike, investigating a cold case, and taking to the Sequoia Park Zoo Skywalk to talk about Fat Bear Week and the new bear habitat.
The story possibilities are endless.
What you will do:
· Develop enterprise content for newscasts
· Shoot, write, and edit video
· Social media and website content creation
· Meet daily deadlines
· Other duties as assigned
Degree in journalism preferred, but will consider a journalism, film, or communications student.
The most important things you can bring to this position are curiosity, excellent writing skills, and a strong work ethic.
SALARY: $32,240.00 – Annual
*Please be sure to include a link to any applicable reel/portfolio in your resume or within your application.
Imagicomm Communications, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, genetic information, ancestry, age, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other status or characteristics protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Applicants may notify the appropriate local, state or federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.
REDWOOD TELEVISION PARTNERS LLC which includes KIEM-DT and KVIQ-LP has an opening for an aggressive, knowledgeable and goal-oriented Account Executive to sell in the beautiful Humboldt County territory. Individual must excel at client relations, develop solutions to help grow clients’ business through multiplatform opportunities, and in managing contracts through all stages of the sales cycle. Organization, communications, and time management skills are a must.
- Self-motivated and high energy salesperson
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks.
- Analytical ability to utilize market analysis, ratings research, and other information to enhance sales efforts.
- Ability to work well with customers and fellow employees.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other computer applications.
- Reliable and self-starting worker.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Sales Experience preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and good driving record
- Responsible for generating revenue through the development of new accounts for the television station.
- Responsible for generating revenue by growing existing advertising revenue from current clients.
- Able to develop effective marketing plans to meet clients’ needs and objectives.
- Able to obtain budgets and meet deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring superior client relations.
- Superior management of sales through the entire sales cycle.
- Keep up-to-date on all station product lines and programming features.
- Keep up-to-date on the product lines and programming features of competing TV stations and other media platforms.
- Prepare and present both written and oral presentations.
- Prepare effective advertising schedules.
- Effectively negotiate advertising rates.
If you’re interested, please e-mail or mail your resume to:
5650 South Broadway
Eureka Ca, 95503
No Phone Calls Please.