Arcata Plaza bar fire causes $5,000 in damages

ARCATA, CA. – Quick work by firefighters in Arcata keeps a fire at a popular bar and restaurant from doing major damage.

Shortly after 10PM Wednesday night, Arcata Fire answered a call of a structure fire at The Alibi on the plaza.

When they arrived, the manager said the fire was in an exterior wall in the front.

Firefighters then cut open the wall and doused the flames.

They say it had been burning for some time, and was caused by a cigarette that had been stuck in a small hole in the exterior siding.

The fire caused about $5,000 dollars in damage to the building.

-Paid Advertisement-