Eureka, Ca., (KIEM)- A small heater may be the source of a structure fire overnight on the 700 block of I Street in Eureka. Just before 9:30 p.m. Saturday night, Humboldt Bay Fire crews would respond to a smoke filled apartment. They forced entry to make sure no one was inside. Fire fighters quickly found and put out the fire.
Fire alarms were checked throughout the building after utilities were temporarily disabled. Luckily, flames did not spread beyond the wall around the heater. Another apartment in the building did suffer some smoke damage. No one was injured in the fire, but the damage is estimated at $3,000.