Reminder from AFD that Carbon Monoxide Detectors Save Lives

ARCATA (KIEM)– The Arcata Fire Department is reminding you that having a Carbon Monoxide Detector could save your life.

Carbon monoxide poisoning, or more commonly known as the silent killer, is caused by a leak in appliances. It is something you cannot see or smell.

A detector is no different than a smoke alarm and alerts you when co levels hit an unsafe threshold.

Symptoms include not feeling well, headache and nausea.

If your alarm alerts you, you are advised to get outside to fresh air, call 911, and the fire department will ventilate your building.

-Paid Advertisement-