FEMA assistance for wildfire damage relief

HUMBOLDT COUNTY, Ca. (KIEM) – For people who have been impacted by the wildfires- FEMA has come out with helpful ways to begin the recovery process.

Take photos of the damage done to your home and belongings.

Make a list of any items which have been damaged or lost.

If you have insurance, you must file a claim with your insurance company.

And if you do not have insurance, you can apply for FEMA disaster relief online at disasterassistance.gov, by using the FEMA app, or by phone at (800) 621-3362.

You will need to provide a proof of identification, any insurance determinations, and proof of occupancy or ownership when you apply.