SHIVELY, CA. (KIEM)- Deputies are in the process of removing an illegal cannabis cultivation site with no permit. During today’s investigation, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement unity, along with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, served a search warrant on the 100 block of Shively Flat road. There they found several commercial cannabis ordinance violations. Approximately 4,602 growing cannabis plants have been eradicated…no arrest were made.
PRESS RELEASE PROVIDED BY: THE HUMBOLDT COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE
On Oct. 10, 2018, deputies with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) served one search warrant to investigate illegal cannabis cultivation in the Shively area. The California Department of Fish and Wildlife, the California State Water Board and the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department assisted in the service of the warrant.
One parcel was investigated during the service of the warrant. The parcel, located on the 100 block of Shively Flat Road in the Eel River watershed, did not possess the required county permit and state license to cultivate cannabis commercially.
During the service of the warrant, deputies eradicated approximately 4,602 growing cannabis plants.
Assisting agencies found the following violations:
– Failure to report a hazardous materials release (up to $5,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Failure to prevent a hazardous waste release (up to $70,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Failure to establish a Hazardous Materials Business Plan (up to $5,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Commercial cannabis ordinance violations (up to $10,000 fine per day)
– Building without a permit violations (up to $10,000 fine per day, per violation)
– Unapproved sewage disposal system violation
Additional violations with civil fines are expected to be filed by the assisting agencies.
No arrests were made during the service of the warrant. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information about this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office at (707) 445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at (707) 268-2539.