EUREKA, Ca. (KIEM) – Federal a structure fire causes $25,000 dollars in damages to a business in Eureka.
Humboldt Bay Fire responded to the 300-block of 5th street just after 4 p.m. on Wednesday with one truck and three engines.
A small fire was discovered on the inside of the business above the front display window.
The fire was caused by an overheated ballast on a neon open sign in the window.
Firefighters spent 1.5 hours on the scene to battle the fire and remove debris.
Humboldt Bay Fire says that business owners called 9-1-1 quickly, which gave crews time to stop the fire from spreading to other areas of the building.